CS 419/519 S2020
VIRTUAL AND AUGMENTED REALITY
The course is designed for those students with a forward-looking view who wants to go beyond the hype and learn about how VR/AR/MR is being applied to solve today's problem.
Some basic questions that motivate the course topics:
• How does one build a good AR/VR experience?
• How do VR and AR systems work using current technology?
• What is wrong with current systems?
• How does the human body respond to AR/VR?
• What fundamentals could help you to shape the future?
The course will be cross-college calling everyone to create, learn and explore.
Students who register for the course will:
Design, develop and evaluate a VR/AR experience.
Demonstrate an understanding of techniques, technologies used in VR/AR;
Show critical awareness of historical and theoretical context relevant to VR/AR;
Identify and develop topics for research in VR/AR.